I’ve mentioned him and you’ve seen him, but I wanted to give Tanner a formal introduction to the blog! And what better way to do that than to that than grill him with 25 questions? I’m just kidding, but I thought it would be fun for you guys to read and for us to do together. So, here’s 25 questions with my fiance! (Here’s the link to the website I got some of the questions from!)
1. First off, introduce yourself!
Hi everyone! I’m Tanner, the proud fiancé of Elizabeth who I love dearly. I currently go to school with Liz, and I took up painting last year!
2. Tell me all about your painting! (Because I want to plug your work here 🙂 )
I was bored over Christmas break last year and it felt like something was missing, so I go don’t the idea to paint. I got supplies at Walmart and I just started painting! I painted more over the next semester and set up a little studio for myself in an abandoned attic in an academic building. During the summer I started painting at home, and I quit my summer job to do painting full time. About a month into the summer I decided that I wasn’t happy with my paintings, so I took my easel outside and started painting from nature! I work with oil paints, which I like because they mix better and have a good consistency. Plus they’re more fun to work with.
3. What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
Steamy. Crabby. Electricity-y.
4. What are three words you would use to describe me?
Cute-patoot. Caring. Genius.
5. If money was no object, where would you live?
An underground kingdom in Antarctica or on the moon.
6. What do you remember the most about the day we met?
We were moving boxes together, and our hands would come very close to touching when you would take a box from me. So one of the times I was handing you a box, I made sure that our hands grazed each other.
7. What do you most look forward to about getting older?
Getting older with you, and getting a house and living together. And being crabby with the neighbor kids.
8. What scares you the most about getting older?
Nothing! Except when AI takes over… the robots.
9. What were the last two (non-school) books you’ve read?
Complication of Mark Twain short stories, and your book [Liz’s note: the short story book I wrote my senior year of high school].
10. What makes you nervous?
Clowns. I don’t like them, I hit a clown once when I was really little, but it wasn’t hard enough to inflict any damage.
11. What’s something you take a lot of pride in?
My wifey wife.
12. If you could drop everything and go on a road trip in the US (and take me with you of course), where would you go?
Madison Wisconsin because Dr. Brown always talk about it, and there’s a book store I would want to take you to. He says that it is absolutely gorgeous and that it looks like a town from the fifties.
13. What’s your favorite dance move?
I like when we slow dance.
14. We love our Goodwill dates. So, if you only had ten minutes in Goodwill but I gave you ten dollars to spend, what section would you head for first?
I haven’t been successful with clothes at Goodwill, so I would head for records or the bric-bracs. We find a lot of cool knick knacks there.
15. What’s your favorite food to get at a diner? (Because we love our diner dates, too!)
I love getting two eggs sunny side up, bacon, wheat toast with grape jelly, and hot chocolate (especially from Mount Joy diner).
16. What’s the spiciest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I feel like I had some kind of hot wings one time that were extra spicy hot buffalo, and they burned my mouth and made my nose run even with two glasses of milk.
17. What’s the lamest joke you’ve ever heard?
I went to a zoo last week. It only had a dog in it. It was a shih tzu.
18. What’s your earliest memory?
Walking downtown with my mom at a jewelry store before Y2K, and I was almost 2 years old.
19. What is your favorite nickname that I use for you?
Tan Tan Banan.
20. What’s the most spontaneous thing we’ve done together?
Going to a diner after a dance super early in the morning.
21. What’s the last thing you’ve Googled?
Dick Blick art supplies to buy oil paint.
22. What was your last dream about?
It was in Sanskrit class and the entire language of the Dream was in Sanskrit, and we were taking an exam on a rooftop in Venice.
23. What do you like the least about the activity you love the most?
[About Painting] What I hate the most would have to be when you go and drive into the middle of nowhere and set up, and you realize you have to go to the bathroom and go all the way back to the car with your gear again to drive back home or to the nearest gas station, and then you have to go all the way back to set up again.
24. When are you most yourself?
When I’m with you, and at nighttime. And when there’s barely anybody around other than you.
25. What is the riskiest thing you’ve ever done?
I was climbing at the cliff once which was a hundred foot drop, and there was a ledge I had to jump on to where there was a four foot gap. I was just climbing one day after school.
Another one is I went looking for arrowheads one day in the springtime, and the snow was melted pretty much everywhere except on the top of the mountain where I was climbing. I came to a cave and looked around and found some evidence of fire, so I had to jump down on a snowy tree to get down from the elevated cave opening, where there was a 20 foot drop into a ravine that I fell into. While I was laying there and I looked over and saw a ton of ticks and I had to run away from them. That was like five hours into hiking and I had run out of water.
We had a lot of fun doing these questions together, I hope you enjoyed reading them! It was the perfect activity for another three-hour car ride to Honesdale, so if you and your SO have any travel time ahead of you, give a game of 20 (or 25) questions a try.