Long time, no write! As I was surviving the most challenging semester I have ever had to endure, I spent a lot of time over the last couple of months focusing on school, and forgetting to count my blessings. Now that it’s my birthday, as well as my first full day of winter break, what better way to celebrate than to think of the things in my life that make everything worthwhile. So, without further ado (and in no particular order), here are 21 things that I am INCREDIBLY thankful for on my 21st birthday!
- My mother, who 21 years ago today pushed me out with no drugs and without saying a single curse word while doing so (as my dad says). God bless, momma. Thank you for my life, and for being my best friend!
- By extension, my dad. For all his continuing advice, love, and support.
- My incredible fiance Tanner, who is my love, life, and my rock. Without him, I would be absolutely lost and definitely crazy. A big thank-you to him for keeping me grounded this semester, and loving me at my crabbiest. I love you with my whole heart.
- My family. All of whom are the foundation of who I am as a person.
- Best friends.
- Both old and new friends. Each and every one of you are so wonderful and I am so thankful to have each of you in my life.
- The opportunity to learn at college, even if it is often the reason why I am stressed and crabby.
- God and my relationship with him, which is often rocky but always steadfast.
- And, by extension, Christmas and the fact that I have my birthday during such a wonderful and cheerful time!
- Music. It has always been a huge part of my life, whether it be through chorus or listening to it to keep sane throughout the day.
- Books, and the impact they’ve had on my life. I’m not a literature major for nothing! Books are one of the most wonderful things in life, in my opinion anyway.
- Autumn. It’s my favorite season and it makes my heart and soul happy.
- Dancing. Especially slow dancing.
- Counseling. I will probably do a blog post dedicated to my positive experience with using counseling to deal with my body image issues. But counseling has helped me deal with these emotions tremendously, and I’m in a much better place mentally because of it.
- The fact that I am blessed enough to have a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, and shoes on my two feet.
- The fact that vegetarian food has come so far since I became a vegetarian when I was 9 years old. Seriously, the vegetarian options have come so, so, so far in the last 12 years.
- Laughter, and how it can brighten up even the most dreary of days!
- Netflix and warm blankets, since the two are often used together in my life! Preferably with Tanner.
- Pink Moscato. And the fact that I can legally buy it at will.
- And lastly, those who choose to take whatever precious time out of their day in order to read this blog! I have been blogging since my freshman year of high school, and I’ve recently had my 2 year anniversary on WordPress! I love blogging, and I am so appreciative to whoever reads these posts and supports the blog! Thank you!
I can’t quite believe that I’m 21. It’s a big one!! I’ll be posting a weekend-wrap-up on Monday to show you guys all that I did on this special weekend. Until then, have a wonderful rest of your weekend!