2017 is only days away!
New Year’s Eve is always both exciting and a little sad for me, but this year I am really ready for the new year to come. My family has a tradition where we watch movies until just before midnight. We tune into our local news channel that broadcasts all of the local celebrations, as well as the ball dropping in New York City. This year is also especially exciting since I was in New York City just yesterday, so I get to watch the ball drop having just been in Times Square!
As for the outfits, I have put together two different kinds of outfits. The first is for those of you who are going to indoor parties where you can afford to have bare legs and a shorter dress. The second outfit is for those who are going to outside events and need to bundle up for the weather.
// OUTFIT ONE //
If you’re going to a party that is indoors, New Year’s Eve is the perfect excuse to wear the most glammy and sparkly dress that you can find.
I have been waiting since February to wear this dress, since I got it on sale at H&M. So since I bought it months ago, I couldn’t find the same one online, but I found THIS cute one that is pretty similar in style. I also paired it with THIS vest from JC Penney that I have been loving this winter! As for my shoes, I wore a pair of black ankle boots that I thrifted.
// OUTFIT TWO //
A dress for New Year’s Eve is fine and good if you are indoors, but I know that a lot of people are going to outdoor events as well. Since it’s December, it obviously wouldn’t be the best idea to wear a dress in freezing weather conditions. For this, I would recommend bundling up in a parka, a sweater, and a cute scarf and boots.
I love this parka that I got at Target last year, and they still have a similar one with a fur-lined hood. I have been loving plaid blanket scarves, and THIS cute one from ModCloth is a near match to the one I’m wearing in the picture! As for the boots, I love these thigh high boots from Target. If you’re walking around a lot, pick out your most comfortable pair!
// MAKEUP //
I love holidays like this where I can go all out with my makeup! I did a more subdued smokey eye with black eye liner and red lips. These are the products that I used…
2. This is my favorite blush from The Body Shop that has since been discontinued, but THIS blush is similar from them!
4. NYX badunkadunk mascara has the most ridiculous name but is a fantastic mascara nonetheless.
5. Lorac Pro Matte Palette, and I used “Jet Black” to line my eyes with.
6. This is also an old quad palette from ELF, but THIS palette is basically the same shades in updated packaging. I used the sparkly gray (which would be the “crease” color on the newer palette) for the outside of my lids.
7. I lined my lips with the Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Stay On Lip Liner Pencil in Red Dynamite.
8. The Estee Lauder lipstick is Pure Color Creme in Scarlet Siren. However, I think that even though this is relatively new that Estee Lauder has changed their lipstick lines and added new shades, so THIS lipstick looks like relatively the same thing.
I also neglected to include my ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in the picture, which I used to do the winged eyeliner.
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Please stay safe and stay warm! Cheers to 2017!