So this is a little embarrassing.
I realized that I have neglected my blog for 2 months, which is exactly the opposite of what I had planned for this summer. But once I went on vacation with my family, I kind of got into this “summer vacation” mentality. Meaning: I got super lazy and blogging went on the back burner to watching Gilmore Girls and other such endeavors. With that said, I have had a pretty amazing summer since the last time we talked, so here’s the highlight reel:
1. I went on vacation with my family in Stone Harbor like we do every year, and it was so much fun and relaxing. I always leave that place with so many new memories.
2. I have been volunteering at the local historical society, and I have had such a blast! I was researching and studying collections and writing blog posts for them, which has been such an amazing experience! Not to mention fascinating. If you would like to read a blog that I wrote click HERE!
3. I undertook a MASSIVE cleaning project in my room. I decluttered a messy room, went through childhood toys, cleaned out my closet (In which I found a box of my baby clothes), rearranged my furniture, and deep cleaned every surface of my room and closet. It took three days and I was extremely exhausted afterwards. I felt so accomplished afterwards when I was able to walk in my room and actually enjoy spending time there. I’ve never been so anal about keeping my room clean before.
4. I saw my boyfriend a bunch. He’s coming tomorrow, too, which is exciting! I’ve also been shamefully out of touch with my friends from school… Sorry guys, if you’re reading this!
5. My aunt and uncle from California came out to visit for a week, and i was able to catch them for their last few days of their visit. I only get to see them a couple of times a year, so whatever time I have with them is so special. They left just before July 4th, which I spent with my boyfriend before taking the train home to spend the night with my parents.
6. I went on a day trip with my parents grandparents to Stone harbor this past weekend. The water was so warm I just stood in the water for about 30 minutes before my mother had to drag me away. The trip was so nice but it kind of made me wish I had a DeLorean and go back in time to mid-June. Because it hit me that summer officially ends for me in a couple of weeks, and that really bums me out.
7. I got together with a lot of my friends from high school. I love seeing them and it made me realize how much I missed them last year!
8. I went to Warped Tour with my boyfriend, and it was so much fun! I got to see one of my favorite bands, We The Kings, and I went crazy singing. I took so many pictures and some videos, so I’m thinking about making a YouTube video dedicated to it.
That’s the jist of it. I can’t think of anything else that I’ve done at the moment but I am sure that I have. I have 2 weeks left before school starts (like WHAT right?!? I’m torn between squealing from excitement and sobbing). In the future, I have a few things I want to do before school starts, which is post more on this blog, possible kickstart a YouTube channel, do some reading to get a leg up on my classes this year, get together with my friends some more. And pack for school. And go shopping for school. Basically a lot of preparation for school. Help me!
ALSO, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, I changed my theme! I love playing with my blog’s theme, and I am in love with this new one! I made the collage for the banner, and I can’t believe how good it looks. Also, I am much happier with this theme because it it more cell-phone friendly than the last one, but it’s not too different as well.
I hope you guys forgive me for going MIA for 2 months! If you’re reading this, thank you for sticking around, I appreciate it 🙂
I’m checking out for the night, I’ll write soon!
P.S. If you want, you can head over to my Twitter and my Instagram and follow me there, too!